View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
(female)

Trixie1966 HB User
Anyone use green smoothies or supplements to expedite bone healing

Given that my foot surgery came about after an injury I was not too up on healing broken bones until after the surgery took place. My surgery involved repairing a severely fractured 1st metatarsal with surgical cement and 4 pins set by an external fixator. I am 9 days out and must say I am faring quite well and certainly better than I had expected. Given how smashed my bone was in certain areas I am determined to do whatever it takes for a proper healing. I am taking liquid calcium/magnesium, vitamin D3, selenium, fish oil and a regular multi vitamin. In addition, I am consuming 24 ounces of green leafy smoothies. I feel great and am able to move my broken foot very well within the splint, and suffer very little in the way of pain. The 4 day post op appt my Dr said that he could see that I was healing well with no signs of infection. How much of my progress would you veteran foot patients attribute to the dietary and supplement habits. And by the way, I had been on a green smoothie regimen for about three weeks before the injury.

Last edited by Trixie1966; 01-24-2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: typo