View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Northwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB User
Re: Anyone use green smoothies or supplements to expedite bone healing

I had my big toe fused. It was all wrapped up for almost two weeks. I didn't move it then really. I was allowed to heel weight bear from the beginning. I had crutches for times when it was too sore for that, or to get around snow or puddles. The only time I "moved" it was when I stretched.........who knew you point your toes when you stretched. Anyway, the surgeon said it was solid at the six week follow-up.

Sometimes I think docs forget that this is big for us. My surgeon seemed so matter of fact the first time I saw him. When I went back with my decision, I told him I knew this was a small joint and a small procedure in his world. He said yes, but it is painful. That helped me a lot. Maybe it is good you get to see him more often. That way you can be reassured and monitored.

I have been feeling very whiney with this possibility of an infection. It is big when we do not have full use of our body parts!

Thanks for the smoothy information. My husband works at a health food store, so I may try something like that. They sell wheat grass. I imagine that would work well too....

Whine away!