View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 08:20 AM   #1
(female)

tiamarie33 HB User
high risk diagnosis

I went in for a pap and my first Gardasil injection about 4 months ago. I got my period in the middle of the exam, so I ended up having to go back last month for another pap because of insufficient cells. I also got my second injection at that time.

Last week the doctor called me to tell me that my pap was abnormal and that I'd tested positive for high-risk hpv. She said that the cells were ASCUS, and if I'd not tested positive for hpv, I'd just need to come back in 6 months, but since I had tested positive, I'm being scheduled for a colposcopy sometime soon. I am very scared, and when I first found out I was very upset and confused. After researching a whole bunch and confiding in a friend who then told me she had high risk hpv (she had to have cells burned off and a LEEP done), I feel a lot better but I'm still very scared.

I told my SO that I had abnormal pap results, and that I might have to have another exam but I didn't feel comfortable going into detail. I'm very nervous about the colposcopy, mostly for the results. The doctor said I can still go in for my final gardasil injection.

I guess I just need support and reassurance...I'm really hoping the colposcopy is okay and that this clears up on its own like I've read it does on 90% of women.