View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 06:43 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

K_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB User
Re: Peroneal surgery failed - help?

From my experience from my last 3 surgeries, all including the peroneal tendons, they won't do a scan or anyting until at least 6 mos post op. They just won't. I guess they have to wait that long to see how the healing is going. So, give it the 3 mos, keep complaining and then maybe at 6 mos they'll order the scan to see what is going on.
I've known others who have had problems with the peroneals and had multiple surgeries on them besides me. They are a pain in the behind for sure. I know how hard it is to wait. I was in tears and each time my dr. just said, I'll see you in 6 weeks. Finally, at about 7 mos I called him a pitched a fit because he kept saying 6 more weeks and then I'd see him again, complain and then it was 6 more weeks. At 9 mos he finally started to listen and at 10 mos I had the surgery. So, know that until 6 mos post-op., they really won;t do anything, but then at 6 mos, they'll start to listen, at 9 mos, they'll listen with more interest and at 12 mos, they'll really start paying attention. BUt keep complaining so they have it in the records.