View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
(female)

dianesf807 HB User
Great toe hammertoe surgery and pain

Hi all!, Need some advise since I am 7 weeks post surgery for a hammertoe on my left great toe. I went through the Pin removal, wearing the boot or few weeks, all the precautions, with some pain and swelling and the on and off nerve pain(felt like nerve pain). Was Progressing nicely -- I thought! Dr. said to do what I wanted based on how I was feeling. Now after a wonderful vacation in the sun and sand with and of course more activity in the ocean and walking, I think I may have damaged something. It came on gradually and now have a lot more swelling and redness of the great toe, ball of foot and top of foot near the base of most all the toes. Pretty darn sore to walk on! Before, if I overdid it walking, just the great toe would get tight with swelling and some redness around to the base. Now I have constant stinging pains--feels like needles in top of foot at base of big toe and radiates across the base of the next 2 toes. Slip on shoes are much tighter. I have an appointment with the Dr. in 4 days. Has anyone experienced a relapse like this? Just a setback or do you think I did some damage to the surgery itself? Any advise would be helpful. Thanks! Di