View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 05:12 AM   #38
(female)

shar621 HB User
Re: I was diagnosed with Polymyositis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky roinila View Post
have a great coming week to this merry band of people. question for you, which one of these drugs that have beenmentioned is the leaso likely to harm the liver, mune is fine but when 3 months ago i asked for oxicodine instead of octidine which they say is the same, but i know the differance and they said it would eat away at my liver.and how hard is it to get another doctor if mine doesn't want too try anything new and seems to just blow me off and come back in 4 months??
I guess you are asking about the antibiotic therapy/treatment. The drug that is use is pretty safe and is given in low dose. It is in the tertacycline family. Miocin, oxycycline it is in the same family. I went to my rheumatologist and he did not give me the prescription it was my dermatologist who gave it to me. He went to website and read it and said it would not hurt to try. I have only been on it for two weeks and i have to give it time to work. You should give it at least two months to see changes. You must demand to doctors and try several if you have to one may budge.