View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

scout316 HB Userscout316 HB User
weakness & strange feeling in head

well I am going through a variety of symptoms since December 2009

..the one that is bothering me the most is that whenever I lift anything that has some weight to it:for example a small box of laundry soap or a six pack of small juice bottles I get a funny feeling in my head and feel extremely weak...the strange feeling in my head is hard to explain...it's like I feel disoriented...the feeling lasts anywhere's from 5-10 minutes....during this time I find it a little hard to talk and walk and I feel extremely weak....after that I feel fine.I don't faint or have black outs.

I have a neurologist appointment for March 8th...takes soooo long to get in to see the neuro.

My current GP dr. said I need to see a neuro and I agree,but I also have been having a ton of other sx...such as acid reflux(I think that's what it is,because I'm belching very loud...).I just had a heart echo and heart echo stress tests which confirmed I have a slight mitral valve prolapse(which was originally dx in December 2006).My dr. said he heard the murmur at my last visit before the heart tests.

I just do not feel well...and I'm having a lot of problems with anything I eat....I'm down to 104 lbs. and I'm 5'6''....I think I have IBS so my dr. said I need to see a gastroenterologist...( all these specialty docs...I must be a mess...I know I am).

Well I seem to have okay muscle strength for doing small tasks,but even then I have to take it easy when doing dishes or laundry or I get that strange feeling in my head along with the weakness.........

Also I have asthma which is mostly triggered by cold air,food allergies(dairy) and my asthma hasn't acted up in a long time.I'm not currently using any asthma meds.

I do know I have two slightly bulging discs in my neck with mild arthritis there too(MRI in Dec.'06)and also a questionable dx of Chiari I malformation...they said it was more like a slight cerebellar tonsillar ectopia(hind brain herniation)....that was also shown on an MRI in Dec.'06I never had the sx I have now.

Sorry for the long post...but I 'm seriously hoping one of you good people can give me your opinions on the sx I'm having.

Thanks So Much
scout

The Following User Says Thank You to scout316 For This Useful Post:
postnasa (05-05-2012)