View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 06:45 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: What does my brain MRI mean?

Hi there. Sorry you are having these problems. Intesting that they sent you for a brain and Thoracic MRI and even more interesting that they didnt use contrast. Not being a doctor- I still question, what type of doctor sent you for this and why did they NOT use contrast? Im not seeing that they were ruling out MS here- the protocol wasnt specific enough. Apparently, they were looking for something else...any idea what?

The fact that your MRI says non-specific means they didnt find anything..your spine is normally aligned, meaning its not a spine issue that they can see. The brain MRI, which is what you asked about, appears to be normal-

Because we are all MSers here, we know what we see when they find MS lesions and things which point towards MS....your report isnt suggesting MS in any way...however, the fact that they didnt do it with contrast doesnt rule out anything. Also, many MS lesions show up in the cervical spine area. Which wasnt scanned....contrast, helps pick up tiny little lesions which dont, or cant, show up without it.

ON, is scary and often painful. Ive had it 3 times...in many cases, it is an indicator of MS; however my brother often gets ON and he is completely negative for MS- his is caused by something completely unrelated. There really isnt any way to know what brought your ON on, without more info...

Did a Neurologist order this? If so, he must have been looking for something not MS related....or he should have ordered the Cspine and the contrast....if it was a family doc who ordered it, you might want to take these results to a Neuro, along with your films or CD of pics, and have him look at them, for a second opinion. He might order additional tests or scans.

Im really sorry that I cant give you more info, but the good news is, there is nothing specific on here- nothing to freak out about...but I do realize that sometimes NOT knowing is worse then knowing. Keep us posted...and I hope your symtoms start going away soon.
Nikki