View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

FinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB UserFinnMaid HB User
Re: My so is 3 and they are telling me he may have some sort of autism please help me

Hi My son had many of the features you mentioned. My son was diagnosed with dysphasia and autistic features at the age of 2 when he obviously had autistic features (that us parents had also noticed), he couldn't understand speech and had his own "language" and used just a few Finnish words, was very into shows like "The wheel of fortune" and got "stuck" with them - and everything had to be "in order". Our doctors and nurses didn't think he would be "ok" by time he had to go to school which so angered me - they didn't even know the guy. He started to speak around the age of 3 or 4, started to read on his own at 5 and did his sister's math homework at 6 He sure proved them wrong since by the time he was 7 and went to school (after occupational and speech therapy, "kindergarten" and pre-school) and attended a smaller class just for a year to learn social skills and that was it He's now 16 and still has some Asperger's symptoms but if you didn't know he had problems you'd never guess. So I guess what I'm saying is don't let them bring you down, use the help available and show them what he's made of

Last edited by Administrator; 03-01-2013 at 03:55 AM.