View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 02:29 AM   #1
(female)

plsassist HB User
Cancer: oral while pregnant

Hi there, I was diagnised with cancer in Oct 2008 on the right side of my tongue and the right side on my inner lower gum. Since it was early stages, I managed to have part of my tongue cut off and all of my teeth and my gum on the right side removed via operation.

I am currently 11 weeks pregnant and have just noticed a small red patch on the lower gum, around 1 tooth. This has been there for about 3 months now but it's quite small and hasn't incresed in size. A while ago I has a biopsy on the same tooth for a red patch which was dysplasia and which was removed via laser.

I am very worried and confused about what to do as I do not want to me injected with local anaesthetic while pregnant. I read about brush cytology for a biopsy but am very sure it'll be dysplasia. If the result comes back as dysplasia, am I ok to wait until I give birth to have it operated under local anaesthetic pls? Is there a possibility that this will spread very fast and become cancer within the next 6 months pls? Also If you recommend I laser out the displasia while pregnant, is there any other way of removing it and lot using local anaethetic? If I laser it out without local anaesthetic, will this pain also affect my unborn baby pls?

Any advise/assistance to ease my concern will be very appreciated.

Many thanks in advance..