View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #9
(female)

TMDlaura HB User
Re: Arthroscopy procedure PLEASE HELP!

I would plan to be down and at home for about a week after surgery. Surgeons will always say you'll be up and running in a few days, but anyone who has gone through surgery will tell you different. For mine, since it is more invasive, I will be taking two weeks off.

Plan for a no chew type diet for a while. I found a great cookbook called "dinner through a straw without the straw". If you google it you will find the website. The book is only about $5 and is very helpful with recipes and tips for recovery.

Buy yourself a child size toothbrush in case your opening is very limited for a while. Also get yourself a baby spoon for the same reason. Make sure you have a good blender and someone to help you out for a bit. I'm having my aunt stay with me for the first few days after i'm discharged from the hospital. With your procedure it is outpatient I would assume, correct? I think you said it would even be done in the doctors office.

I hope this helps. If I think of anything else I will let you know. Just remember to take deeps breaths and remind yourself often that this will hopefully help you feel a thousand times better for years to come!