View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 09:06 PM   #13
(female)

TMDlaura HB User
Re: Arthroscopy procedure PLEASE HELP!

Hi Yogi,

I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you; long night at work!

My suggestion to you is go by your gut. If you don't feel comfortable with this doctor and the procedure, you need to either sit down and talk to him in greater detail, sharing your thoughts, or you need to find a different doctor.

I would never allow a doctor to do surgery on me unless I felt I could trust him. I need to know what exactly he is doing and why it is being done. The doctor must have great experience in doing the procedure for me to feel reassured. I also need to know everything has been done that can reasonably be done. I say reasonably because for me I know there were a couple more things I could have done, such as acupuncture. My doctor and I agreed though that there was nothing else out there that could prove to bring me healing.

You need to be sure you have structural damage before going through with the surgery. Any good, solid surgeon will tell you this is the only way surgery will prove effective. Due to your limited opening, I would believe there is structural damage but you need to be sure.

So really in summary, I recommend going with your gut. If you are not comfortable with what is ahead, don't do it. Take time to really find out what is going on. Talk to you doctor and get another opinion. It will be worth it in the long run. I wouldn't worry too much about your opening totally closing down. Another couple weeks will not make much of a difference.

Keep us posted and please, if you have any more questions or just need to talk, I am here to listen.

-Laura