View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 01:06 AM   #2
(female)

Pelliskina HB User
Talking Re: Non-Displaced chip fracture of Anterior Calcaneus (heel) Questions

I also suffer from a chip ankle i injured it las august i fell down a flight of stairs initially went to th ER got an x-ray that showed no briken bones, after that wore an air cast for about 6 weeks with no weight on it. Did't help yhe pain was really bad it got pretty swollen my doctor made me get an ultrasound to rule out a clot cause i have had them in the past, the results were negative no clot. After that he sent me to a pain manegement doc who sent me to rehab went to rehab for over 6 weeks and the pain swelling didn't stop at all. After that had an MRI that showed liquid inside then they sent me to see a reumatologist to drain the liquid ,then he said that even if he drain it i would come back for some reason. At this point over 5 months have past and I still don't know what's wrong went back to my PCP and he finally sent me to an orthopedic surgeon another MRI and finally after 8 months of pain discover that i have a chip bone in my ankle he gave me a cortisone shot and said that I should come back in 2 weeks if the pain and swelling have not improved that I'm going to need surgery for it so my question is anyone has gone thru a similar or same expirience would love to know opinions of wether I should have surgery or not or if the cortisone shots have helped you. Please an answer I am desperate for answers