View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 10:45 PM   #3
(female)

courtneyp HB User
Re: Non-Displaced chip fracture of Anterior Calcaneus (heel) Questions

Good luck with your search for answers. I wish I could help you, but I was luckily enough to only need 2 weeks NWB and 5 weeks WB. I just got my boot off wed and got the okay to do cardio and walk without the crazy wooden shoe as I feel fit. I guess I can only hope that this provides you some hope that maybe you will heal and won't need surgery. I have noticed a lot of people with calcaneus chip fractures are put in a boot with NWB, but ended up needing surgery in the past or had complications. I am thinking there is a relationship between WB and healing because the research I've done has shown better healing rates. Good luck again and I am sorry you've had to go through this.

In your situation, i'd do whatever the doctor suggests including surgery! I believe you said your fracture is in the ankle, so trust that your doctor probably knows what is best. Most calcaneus fractures for instance result in surgery and I am sure there are many other chip fractures, especially if not healed correctly that end up resulting in needing surgery. Do what you feel is best to do.

Last edited by courtneyp; 04-18-2010 at 10:48 PM.