View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 07:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User
Re: Oh no....I lost my pain meds....

Hi Schao, I've signed a new PM contaract every year for the last 8 years and it clearfly says lost or stolen meds will not be replaced with or without a police report. Anyone can make a police report or have a friend swear out an AD. Fortunately The bulk of my meds are delivered by pump and my junkie neighbor only got BT meds and adjunct meds although I did install an alarm system and buy a safe you bolt to the floor for future protection. Part of our contract is very clear about making us responsable for safely storing these meds and keeping them out of the hands ofpeople that will abuse, divert or could potentially harm kids that don't understand the potency of these meds.

All that said, It's in a contract so there is no qauestion about what I will do in that case and what my responsability is, I simply went without for 3 weeks. However if you don't have a contract, it's very possible your doc will be more compassionate about the problem and give you a one time pass based on your past history of compliance and the relationship you have develped. However, you still have to get the meds paid for which may be a whole other battle when it comes to your insurance co. It may help to have a police report when asking your insurance to pay for something expensive twice.

Good luck, Dave