View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Significant Other Raped at 7(Please Read and Reply)

Hi there,

There is something particularly loathsome about bullies and this must have been an awful thing to have to carry around for 14 years. It needs to be stressed that your boyfriend is the victim here, he really needs to stop beating himself up and feeling any sort of guilt over something he had no control over.

Guilt can really play havoc with people and how they perceive themselfs. Please, I would advice you, if possible to, get your boyfriend to talk more about this and maybe even seek professional help. Of course this is up to yourself and how comfortable you feel with it. I cannot begin to imagine how painful this be for your boyfriend, years of guilt and shame for something he no control over. I guess the road to recovery from this may be a long one but every journay as to start with small steps.

As for HIV, it is very unlikely he will have been infected 14 years ago and it not been noticed. If he as any concerns on this front, then a blood test is the answer. A blood test will determine his status and allow him to move on, from what you have posted it is very likely to be negative.

This dreadful set of events have clearly had a terrible effect on your mans life, I hope he finds the strength and you have the strength to help him put it all behind him.

Take care, regards Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 04-21-2010 at 02:58 PM. Reason: typo