View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #6
(female)

jesscinq88 HB User
Re: Persistent Flank Pain on Right Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody95 View Post
For two months now I have had a persistent pain and discomfort in my right flank area. It hurts in my lower right back and wraps aroung the bottom of my rib cage to the front right side. It feels like a vice grip around my lower rib cage in front, or like a belt tightening. Also, when I sit, particularly while driving a car, it feels like something at the bottom of my ribs is pushing back. I had CT scans, urinalysis, blood tests, and finally an MRI with contrast. all showed nothing! My doctor sent me to an Orthopedic doctor who thinks it is nerve pain. Possibly from shingles, but I had no rash at all. Doctor put me on Lyrica, but it didn't help at all. My doctor is stumped. The pain is driving me crazy. It interferes with everyday activities. What could this be. Anybody else experiencing such a wierd pain? Any help would be appreciated.
oh my God, Amen..... this is exactly what I have been experiencing for the past month or so now. I feel the pain on my right side, just under my rib cage and it radiates to my back. ALSO, the pain worsens when I'm driving. I can't say that it's excruciating, it's more of an ache and is extremely uncomfortable. I recently had my gallbladder removed (also on the right side) for gallstones, and in january, I was hospitalized with a kidney infection but no stones were present. The only thing I can think of is the kidney and liver since it is the right side. What makes it even more difficult for me is that I have NO HEALTH INSURANCE! I feel like I need to see a doctor about this.