View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
(female)

Pens'nChalk HB User
Re: Is MS diagnosis confused with Parkinsons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcl View Post
Pens--

You said you're doubting your diagnosis. I don't know anything about MS. Can it be definitively diagnosed by tests?

It's important to try to get the diagnosis right--especially if your treatment (the injections) is hard on you.

wcl
My formal diagnosis is probable relapsing remitting ms ... it was diagnosed with a series of mri's, lumbar puncture and blood tests ruling out the many others, after many years of odd symptoms (numbness, imbalance, double vision, head and hand tremors, and daily headaches which I resolved with a change in menu - no more meat and dairy) ... all indicated ms. Maybe it is ... but ms has such an iffy prognosis and threatens impairment at a younger age than my parents eventually had with Parkinson's ... I also had a second opinion who concurred with the first. Still, I wishfully doubt.

I will continue with the ms treatment until I retire, and then I'll wait to see what happens without it, once my pension is secure and my health insurance can continue in retirement. Three more years; I love my job and want to continue to do it well, without the threats of what ms offers (specifically, I am afraid of blindness taking me out of the classroom.)

Thank you for responding ... I'll keep wondering...
~ Mother Teresa