View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
(male)

Imnotstoopid HB User
Re: please help me, I need words of encouragment...

Hi there, I know exactly how you feel, I've gone through this for many years. You have to understand, the problem is your thinking, it's not that there's anything wrong with you, it's that your thinking is triggering a physical response to threats that don't really exist. If you think there is something wrong with you physically, go to the doctor and have it checked out. If your stats are normal, which they likely are, you may need medication and counseling to get through it.

You must understand though, it's your thinking, not your mind. You're NOT going crazy, you're not going to die, you're going to be fine. The only problems you're going to have are what you put yourself through with your thinking.

A couple of quotes I've found helpful:

"Attitudes are more important than facts."

"Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain."

"Minimize obstacles in your mind. Do not give them power by inflating them with fear thoughts"

"Whenever a negative thought comes to mind, deliberately voice a positive thought to cancel it out"

"I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me"

"Happiness is determined by our thoughts, so we must drive off thoughts which make for depression and discouragement."

"Human beings can alter their lives, by altering their attitudes of mind"

"As you think, so shall you be"

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee" (Isaiah 26:3)

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-13-2010 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod