View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #17
Veteran
(female)

mabent HB Usermabent HB Usermabent HB Usermabent HB User
Re: what can I expect when I die of lung cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aawaltrip View Post
my husband is 59, has been coughing up blood, and smokes 2 packs a day, he has had unexplained back pain for about a year, and is naturally thin, but is getting thinner, his pants just hang on him, he cannot go one night without taking a motrion before going to bed because he is in such pain, he drives truck 13 hours a day, now he tells me he stopped coughin gup blood, but the er doctro found a spot on his lung and nodules, doctor told me it was early warning signs of lung cancer, but my husband doesnt know that, I have to get him to a doctor, but he refuses to go, said it will cost to much money, he needs a pet scan and a biopsy, the spot concerns me, please someone write back if they can help, thank you!!
Hi - I hope you will tell your husband that the ER doctor found the spot on his lung - if you haven't already. Money isn't worth one bit as much as health is. I'm guessing he's afraid he'll learn something he doesn't want to know...however, you can tell him that I have a nephew who is 55 who started out with throat and tonsil cancer and is now cancer-free, after having chemo and radiation; also, he recently had to have part of his lung removed but it turned out not to be cancerous - rather a kind of infection.
I just heard from his wife that he is getting better and better each day.
Cancer isn't a death sentence! Letting it go because you are afraid of it is definitely a death sentence in the end. He needs to know the truth and that having the PET scan, etc. could save his life if he doesn't wait! Mabent

The following user gives a hug of support to mabent:
yingjie (01-24-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to mabent For This Useful Post:
yingjie (01-24-2012)