View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
(female)

gma2 HB User
Question major advice needed!!

Ok here is my problem,I have a 23 yr old daughter that is getting a divorce from her high school lover, and now she is envolved with this great guy whom I have just recently found out that he has been diagnoed with Schizophrenia. This guy is the most adoring person and I just love him and my daughter just recently explained his situation to me only because I kept asking her why he don't have a job. I was starting to think that he was out selling drugs or whatever, just wanted to know how he was paying his bills. I was really relieved to hear that he had this problem instead of out dealing dope. I work in the medical field and also at one time was married to a paranoid schizophrenia and it was the worst time of my life!! My daughter and he get along great, but the other week she called me and told me that he was having problems and that he wanted me to come visit with them and while I was there he then told me that he has been hearing voices. I guess what I really want to know from anyone that has dealt with or anyone that is in the same state of mind as he is, what can I do to help this young man and my daughter too? I am afraid that maybe she could be in some danger, I don't know because he tells me that he would never hurt her in any way!!! So PLEASE if anyone out there could maybe give me some kind of relief or advice ur opinion would be gratefully appreciated!!!!!!!!