View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #1
(female)

mo4 HB User
unexplainable itchy red rash?

So this itchy red rash started about 7 days ago, which what seemed to come out of no where. I noticed that my legs where bright red almost like a razor burn, with itchy blotches all over legs and arms. They were not raised or welts like with hives. The next day I woke up and the rash was all over my back , stomach, butt, legs, and arms.. sparing my face. I went to the hospital ( no insurance to see a DR) and they said that It seemed to be an allergy to something I've ingested.. I'm allergic to no food.. I eat a vast variety of all foods ( shell fish, peanut butter, sushi!!) and nothing.. after all I ate a salad that evening when it occurred, so I no that cant be it. I started Paxil about 2 weeks ago, and thought maybe it could be an allergy, although I took paxil 2 years ago for 2 months, then again last year for a few weeks, and never had a problem. My laundry detergents have all been the same for years , and nothing new has been introduced into my home. I've never had any problems with my skin before.I started steroids for 6 days and while being treated the rash got better but not completely disappearing. I also stopped my paxil for a few days to see if I would get better but the rash would still flare up. Now I'm done the steroids, I start with an itchy spot on my leg and scratch and the rash appears.. then it moves to my feet, and all around my body to different locations at different times.It seems to reduce in redness after about 30 mins or so only to itchy some where else. Then to top off this bizarre rash, my 5 year old wakes up with a rash all over his body, similar to what I have? I have no idea what is going on.. if anyone has any idea to what I'm explaining I would greatly appreciate any comments. thank you