Thread: Coping with MD?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 11:49 PM   #4
(female)

mandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB Usermandy37 HB User
Re: Coping with MD?

Hi there

I agree with Mark that we should feel "fortunate" not to have progressed the speed that you have.

I was diagnosed at the age of 19 and I'm now 37.

I have FHD and Limb Girdle combined (what dr's told me). I am one of those people that lives and lived with denial all my life since having MD

I do know that we all feel "unwanted" and being a "burden" to those around me.

Being a mom of two teenage boys the pressure to be "perfect" lives with me everyday

I do try and have a positive attitude towards MD regardless of the hurdles placed in my way. All the falls and embarrassment I had to live with still encouraged me to work even harder to "prove" that this illness will not get my under

I've posted negative and positive thoughts on this site and responses I receive from friends on this site opened my eyes to what I actually have and start accepting the way I am

I'm not going to "complain" about my MD and from now I am going to accept what I have and concentrate on the positive in my life.

You have already not giving this daemon an excuse not to improve your life and to study further is something I would not even attempt as I can't even figure out the math solutions my children is challenged with on a daily basis.

Welcome to this site and keep us updated on your progress and dealings with any situation you face every day

Mandy