View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: Please Help Me, My relationship is dying :(

I cant speak for him. But I think you weren't too far off with it having something to do with him graduating. Maybe he just feels like he needs a change, or like change is comming reguardless and he's a little antsy. Maybe he loves you, but is just dying to grab life by the horns, and isn't so sure he wants to do that with a peice of his "old" life still attatched to him. I think it would be unfair of me to tell you not to worry about it, or just to simply move on or let go. 6 years is a HUGE amount of time for a young person to have invested with somebody else to watch it all slip away. So of course your confused, scared, and unsure. But I do think you need to stop worrying about what he wants. I think in the long run, the will he, or wont he, is going to eat you alive. I dont recommend a "trial separation" either. Trial breakups only build anomosity, and resentment. If you get back together, you cant get out of your mind what that person might have done while you were apart. While your separated, you cant get out of your mind what they are doing right now. Or you continue to act like a couple even though your not.....I just think the whole idea is more of a farse then reality. I think it's ok to break once and for all, or ok to stay if you want to hang in there, but most of all, I think it's important for you to develop a sense of self. Instead of feeling like it's "US", I think it would be good for you to think about yourself for a while, and what you want. I dont mean, what you want in a man, or a relationship. I mean, what you want to do today, alone, because it interests you and you like it. I have a feeling, if you get busy, and gain a sense of who you are as an individual, rather then allowing your boyfriend define it, that no matter which way it turns out, be it good or bad, you will be just fine. I hope that helps you a little.
Melissa

Last edited by justmel30; 06-05-2010 at 12:03 PM. Reason: had to add something