View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 09:27 AM   #1
(male)

DazBentham HB User
anxiety and lymphoma

Im 18, healthy, quite clever, happy person. But my hypochondria and anxiety seem to be getting the better of me. Whenever im ill I always refer to the C word. Iv had a swollen gland under my chin for about 5 years (was 13 at the time) and it worried me alot, and that is were I started using the internet to try and diagnose myself. I went to the doctors with it after telling my parents and they ran some blood tests and diagnosed me with mono. A few years later, i realised them at the side of my neck also, and at the back of my head in symmetrical places. So I looked on the net and alot of people said the texture (soft, moveable and symmetrical) meant I had nothing to worry about. But I then looked on the net for other places around the body where I could find them, and I looked at my groin and felt around and found 2 identical glands either side with about 5-6 lymph nodes also. They have been their for like 8 months and caused me no problems other that anxiety, but my doctor was worried about lymphoma and sent off for blood tests (they took about 5 tubes so I guess they tested for alot of stuff). But I went back recently, and they hadnt changed in size, texture or become painful. The lymph nodes are hard and small and dont grow. But they worry the hell out of me. Would it of shown abnormalities on the blood test if it was lymphoma ? I think he tested for almost everything you can in the blood.

I cant stop worrying and its getting me really down :'( someone please reply.