View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 02:21 AM   #1
(female)

blackberrys HB User
I got married too young. Long post but I really need help.

When I was 13 I met the boy who would become my husband. We met online and I lied about my age for almost 2 years saying I was 16 when we met, at the time he was 17. For the following 3 years we remained friends and in 2002 he joined the Marines and told me he would be moving to the East Coast near my hometown so we decided to meet in person. In 2004 we got married, I was 17 and he was 21. In 2006 he was discharged from the military and we moved out West near his family. We both started college that year but only a year and a half later I discovered I was pregnant. When our son was born I became a stay at home mom because I didn't earn enough money to justify a day care or nanny. This year my husband will graduate with a double major in Biology and Chemistry and (hopefully) will go to medical school next Fall.

To sum up I am 23 years old I've been married for 6 years. I gave up my education, my plans, my family, my freedom, and my youth for my husband. He works a lot, he has a full time job and goes to school full time as well as volunteering positions several days a week. I get to spend approximately 2 days a month with him when he isn't studying or working or volunteering. I have few friends here because I am a stay at home mom to a 2 year old and my friends and family live on the other side of the country. As a stay at home mom I have few opportunities to make friends so I've gone to the old standby, the internet. I am very, very unhappy with my life. I am going back to school part time in the Fall and will hopefully be able to finish my degree in 3 more years.

I'm not sure if I love my husband.I know that I don't hate him and he can still be very sweet and loving but he is so stressed out and never at home. I know I love my son but sometimes I really hate being a mom especially a mom who has to do almost everything on her own. Sometimes I really want to just go somewhere very far away but I wouldn't want to take my son from his father and his family. I miss the man I married, the man I'm with now is not the same person at all. I got married very young I feel I have missed my youth, I'm resentful and lonely but whenever I tell these things to my husband he accuses me of being ungrateful for all his hard work and says that I just want to go out and party. In truth, I just want a little piece of a life of my own that doesn't revolve completely around someone else.

I guess I want to know what you think of my situation and what you might do if you were me.