View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 07:52 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

BigRed54 HB UserBigRed54 HB UserBigRed54 HB UserBigRed54 HB UserBigRed54 HB UserBigRed54 HB UserBigRed54 HB UserBigRed54 HB UserBigRed54 HB UserBigRed54 HB User
Re: I got married too young. Long post but I really need help.

I'm very sorry you are so lonely and depressed. I would suggest that 1) you find some mothers' support groups on the Internet and avoid the websites that might lead you to find someone you might begin to build a fantasy life with. <DELETED> is one of those; the <DELETED> is another. There are others like them where women meet, discuss things (light and serious) and just enjoy communicating.

Then I would suggest that you look for groups in your area that consist of young mothers like you. You could build a network of friends as well as playmates for your child. <DELETED> When it comes to finding a mothers' group in your community, a lot depends on where you live. In some cities, facilitators organize groups and advertise them in local newspapers or parenting publications. In other places you'll have to actively seek out a group. In addition to checking with your local hospital, you can try childcare cooperatives, universities, libraries, churches, synagogues, or other religious or community organizations. You would be amazed at how much better you will feel if you make some friends and find playdates for your child.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-10-2010 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Please read and follow the Posting policy of this board. Thanks..