Thread: fibromyogia
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 04:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: fibromyogia

I second the recommendation for nortriptyline. Currently it's the only thing I can take. It doesn't get me pain-free, but the pain stays at a level where I can ignore it most of the time.

I've also used muscle relaxants in the past, because a lot of my pain is related to muscle knots and spasms. I tried Soma, Flexeril and Baclofen. They all relieved my spasms and they all made me drowsy, but I like Soma best because it's short-acting. I can take one in the evening, get a few hours of peace, and then be clear-headed for work in the morning.

I tried Tramadol, it made me throw up repeatedly until it wore off. Not trying that again! Even other opiates don't make me nauseous like that!

Also, look into non-drug management techniques, including exercise and massage. Your exercise program or massage therapist should take into account how you are feeling. Your exercise program might be no more than a few minutes of stretching. But moving around as much as you can tolerate should help.