View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 01:00 AM   #1
(female)

alli06 HB User
Autoimmune Disorder or Fibromyalgia

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this thread and was wondering if I could get some insight about my condition. I've been to different doctors so I'm still currently frustrated with my situation because I've had several blood tests done with different doctors and my ANA is always positive. My family doctor told me at first when I had positive ANA that I just had rheumatoid arthritis, another doctor didn't believe me when I told him I had arthritis because I'm only 25 years old, I then had a blood test with him and he said that I have systemic lupus, I also went to another doctor for a blood test who told me the same thing. My rheumatologist said I don't seem to have any other symptoms of lupus and that getting some orthopedic insoles would help because I have flat feet yet I know that's not really what my problem is. When I recently went back to my family doctor he told me I have fibromyalgia. I also went to to a naturopath who told me it could be my thyroid but I have a gut feeling it's not that so what I want to know is how can I find out if I have an autoimmune disorder for sure or if I have fibromyalgia. Sometimes I have sleepless nights where I feel like an insomniac even though I'm dreadfully tired, other times I feel like sleeping all day. The pain in my body travels throughout my whole body, some days I get pain in my legs where I can't walk very fast, other days I feel like I have hot spots on my back and neck -it feels like a burning sensation and it's difficult to get out of bed, other times it's in my wrists and arms where they hurt too and I feel like I need to stretch them or massage them to make the pain go away. I suffer from frequent headaches as well, I know it could be because I'm anemic too. I get sick with cold and flu very easily. Some days I feel nauseous too like I'm about to vomit. I also suffer from frequent urination where I have to run to the bathroom every half an hour or so. I am very sensitive to the sun as well, last summer I got a small rash like spot on my forehead which left discoloration in my skin and left a lighter patch of skin when the outer layer peeled off similar to tinea versicolor. I'm also very intolerant to gluten and when I eat anything with gluten or wheat in it my pain seems to worsen. I also get very irritable at times and suffer from depression too. So if anyone has any helpful suggestions on how I could find out what exactly is going on I'd really appreciate it. I know it could be fibro or lupus but it's so difficult to tell which one I have.

Last edited by alli06; 06-24-2010 at 01:07 AM. Reason: forgot to add something