View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
(male)

raf0 HB User
I yell at my girlfriend

I grew up with a loud family so I quite often raise my voice at my friends and family. I do it to my girlfriend sometimes and I hate myself for doing it. Every once in a while I'll get mad enough that I throw, punch and break things during an argument. Anger like this doesn't last long, I'll always cool down fast but most of the times I'll only stop when she gets very upset (crying or leaving.) After that I'm apologizing and doing my best to make her feel better. I would never in my life hit her or attack her with insults, but how do I keep from raising my voice so easily at her? It'll start out as something as small as me raising my voice just trying to explain something she doesn't get then once she gets mad I feel like the only way to move on is if she just forgives me then I'll just keep yelling at her for taking me seriously. I feel really bad every time I do it but now I know she is getting sick of me saying sorry all the time. I want to know how I can help myself control my anger. I don't want to end up pushing her away.