View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Altered sensations...is this part of the MS ordeal?

I would have to agree its a definate Maybe. If your husband has had new lesions develope, and you wouldnt know it without a more recent MRi, its possible that certain areas have been triggerd for sensitivity. For instance, I have lost use of my hand and fingers on the left side- its from a lesion on my brain. Thats been determined thru 3 years of tests....because I cannot feel the left hand or fingers, I tend to burn myself or drop things when I automatically go to use that hand; however when it is COLD out, I feel like my fingers are on fire- ultra sensitive and burning, not tingling. They tell me this is a MS thing, due to the lesion and loss of use of this part of my body.

Anytime that sensitivity is an issue, its usually from a lesion in that area of the brain. He really has been fortunate not to have more happen to him in the past few years, but yes, it is time for a MRI and updated Neuro appointment.

Hope it all turns out well for you both- if this is the worst he deals with, he will soon get used to it, or it will be "one of those MS things" which moves on and only lasts a few weeks/ months.

Nikki