View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
(female)

SwtSimplicity HB User
Smile What Can Help My Eczema, Allergies, and Inflammation?

Hi,

I've been dealing with eczema and allergies throughout my life. About five years ago, I started to notice something like mild thrush on my tongue. It's like a thick coating on my tongue but not exactly like patches of yeast or anything. It comes back even after I've brushed my tongue. I've seen my general practitioner about it but she dismissed it and said it was normal, however I don't think it is. Of course I have good oral hygiene and brush my teeth (and tongue) twice a day, morning and night. I floss regularly. I don't smoke, drink, do drugs, or eat a diet high in sugar or carbohydrates. I take medication for my allergies which is Allergra and Nasonex. I've also been applying various corticosteroid creams and ointments for my eczema. My overall diet isn't extremely healthy nor is it it extremely junky either. I've been trying to consistently get more fruits and veggies in my diet since that is the right thing to do. I drink plenty of water also.

Another thing I've noticed is a few years back, I've experienced a vaginal issue that would cause somewhat of a mild burning irritating discharge, a strong vaginal odor that would occasionally vary from one odor to the next depending on what day I was on of my menstrual cycle, and something of a yellowish discharge. I've been to the gynecologist for it and never really got a straight answer as to what was going on. I was told it was a resistant yeast which I got treated for. Prior to that, I was told it was bacterial vaginosis. And later on ... a few years later, I am told it is a non-infectious vaginitis (inflammation) that is possibly related to my eczema and my allergies. I just need to put this out there: If your someone that has experienced this or know someone that has, please let me know I'm still not satisfied with this circumstantial diagnosis I was given. I need to also put this out there, I notice all of my symptoms (thrush and vaginitis) increase when I eat certain foods, mainly breads and sugary stuff. The thrush on my tongue seems to decrease when I stop eating certain foods. My eczema is actually clearing up pretty well, it flares up from time to time but I keep it under control.

If you have any helpful tips, products to recommend, medications to recommend relating to any of my symptoms please share it with me because I would really appreciate it.

P.S. I have allergies to dust, mold and dust by-products and that's about all I'm allergic to as far as I know.