View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
(female)

hedy-446 HB User
Re: Patulous Eustachian Tube and Ear Tubes...Good or Bad Idea?

Actually, I've had a few people tell me it was effective for them. You are right though that the majority seem unhappy with them.

The problem is that there are so many different symptoms people have with PET. Some people only have autophony and other people...like me....have tons of pressure, clicking and popping. If I only had autophony, I feel certain that I would feel pretty normal now because the Patulend is very effective on that. Not so much for the other symptoms, which are what I was considering the grommets for. Although I have been encouraged that the other symptoms just take longer to go away and I should persist with the drops....which I am doing.

Anyway...it seems that everyone has different symptoms and different causes so different treatments are in order. Maybe there is no official cure, but there are definitely many effective treatments to try and there are definitely people who consider themselves cured. I hope you don't give up!

Thanks for the advice and opinion though. In the end, it probably is wisest to wait, it's just really hard!

Last edited by hedy-446; 07-08-2010 at 01:41 PM.