View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 03:22 AM   #1
(female)

lovelife27 HB User
Unhappy worried about starting fentanyl patch

I am 29 years old and was recently in a severe car accident that left me with TWO fractures in my C5 vertebrae and a lot of other pain issues. I was in the hospital for a few weeks and had spinal fusion with rods and screws in my C4, C5 and C6. My shoulder and neck are still really painful so I am on pain meds. My doc had me on Avinza 60mg/daily and 40 Soma 350mg/2 weeks and Perc 5mgs/2 weeks (for at least the past two months). Yesterday he realized my pain wasn't getting better (I must have a very high tolerance to meds cause I felt hardly any relief after a while) so he put me on the 50 mcg Mylan patch. After reading the info I am so afraid of the scary side effects, like stopping breathing, not being able to go for short walks with my neighbors and our dogs (for fear of overheating my body, especially because it has been like 90 out lately) and becoming addicted to them. Could someone please help by giving me some feedback on what to expect... it is after 6am and I haven't gone to sleep yet because I have been stressing so much about it... I'm thinking about having a friend moniter me for the first 24 hours because I'm so freaked out by everything I have read online and in the prescription pamphlet... any help would be greatly appreciated... you guys are all so supportive of one another and I think it is really amazing <3