View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 05:18 PM   #4
(female)

lovelife27 HB User
Re: worried about starting fentanyl patch

I am currently on the meds I listed above, as well as, gabapentin 600mg, rozerum (for sleep) and topamax for anxiety.... I decided to put the patch on, had it on me for about 36 hours and I have never felt so much anxiety in my life, I felt like I could not breathe and I felt ABSOLUTELY NO PAIN RELIEF so I spoke to my doctor, (who thank goodness was on-call at 1am) and took it right off. I'm sure it works wonders for some people, but not me!!! I am weaning myself down to a low dose of everything I am on cause I am very young and don't plan on and don't want to be on any medications anymore at all.... it really sucks when all you want is your life back. I was in the ER two nights ago because I had chest pains and shortness of breath and turns out now I have Atelectasis (the lower half of both of my lungs have collapsed and I had to get an MRI today because I also have a frozen shoulder (both also due to the car accident months ago) but I have amazing family, friends and pets. All around a really great life, it is hard to explain to people without sounding 'woe is me' or 'drug taking' when you try to explain how unbearable the pain is. And how it is hard to go day by day without being in agony