View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
(male)

RocketScientist HB User
Question upper abdominal pain on right side

I started getting abdominal pain on the right side of my stomach just underneath the rib cage, about a month ago. The pain is a pulsating pain at interval of 5 to 15 seconds, and after a day or so, and sometimes after an hour of two it gradually subsides and goes away. I had a colonoscopy about 2 weeks ago and it was clean and the doctor saw nothing in the area of the pain. I had a cat scan a few days later and they saw nothing on the right side (but did identify a 2 inch long cyst in the middle of the left kidney, but that side gives me no pain. My doctor suspected colon spasms and at first I did not believe him. Now I am beginning to wonder if he is right. But the pain always occurs in the same spot. And I push on my stomach very hard with a couple of fingers; that area is not sensitive to pain (like appendicitis would be). Sometimes it feels like the that I have a dull ache in my right kidney area but it could be in the intestinal tract. I had loose stools for about 10 days but now they are normal, and I still have the pain. Has any one out there experienced this type of pain? Any have any suggestions.