View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

justmel30 HB User
Re: My dad might die. Financial worries!

I cant tell you anything about possible programs out there. I'm in the US so I dont really know anything about Australia. But as far as the grief goes, I can tell you a little about that. I lost my husband to a car accident when I was pregnant with my third son. It's been almost 3 years now, and I'm still not over it. However, it's nothing like in the movies. You dont sit in your room and cry for weeks on end, and there is no magical person who will sit next to you and help you snap out of it. It's a long process, but a quiet one if you choose to behave yourself in the middle of it. Acting out does nothing but make it worse once you realize what you've done. There are still good days.....lot's of them in fact, and more and more of them everytime I turn around. But any holliday is hard for me. It just feels fractured..........like a piece of it is missing. I can still have a good day, but I miss having him with me very much. For my kids, they were all babies when this happened. My oldest was only 5. They dont really remember a whole lot, and for teh most part, they are content. I think the most important thing to know about grief is just that it's not something you can just snap out of, but at the same time, it wont kill you so long as you dont let it. Force yourself to keep going, and better times do come.....eventually. I hope your dad ends up being ok. Good luck!
Melissa