View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 07:43 AM   #5
(female)

Madalot HB User
Re: I'm not that big of a whimp ;-)

I popped in and saw this thread and wanted to shoot you ladies a quick note.

I don't think any of us consider either of you whiners or wimps in any way, shape or form. I am speaking for myself as one of those that is in a different place with the MD. I think for me, I came from a different place. I was a weakling all my life, being teased and ridiculed over my weakness and inability to do certain things. I was told over and over again that I was lazy and if I just tried harder, I could do physical things. It was frustrating and depressing because I DID try, yet I was still unable to do things that my friends and family wanted of me. I became self conscious and withdrawn and started avoiding people and things and hiding my inadequacies any way I could find. Being told that I was sick and had MD suddenly made it not my fault any more. Because of that, acceptance of the MD was easier for me.

I have the utmost respect for anyone that finds themself in this situation and can come to a message board and share their thoughts and feelings. I find that strong and courageous --

Just wanted you all to know that.

K