View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 04:22 AM   #11
(female)

Madalot HB User
Re: I'm not that big of a whimp ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy37 View Post
Question - is 100 F converted to degree 37C?

If that's the case I will absolutely suffocate as in Cape Town we go to about 34 C and then we call it a heatwave.
I found an online F to C converter -- yes, 100F is like 37.77777C. Despite predictions yesterday for around 98 or so, we hit 101 again. Yuck. I took my kids to see a movie.

Mandy, I think you're right that a lot of people view areas based on what they see on TV and those aren't always accurate. I know what you've said about S.A., but please know I've also seen some programs that show S.A. as an absolutely gorgeous place.

I've lived in Virginia my entire life. Virginia tends to have the full spectrum of weather. This has been one of the hottest summers on record and last winter was one of the coldest. That's one of the things I DO like about this area -- it can get both hot and cold and you have a full set of seasons (usually anyway).

I have family in Florida and because I don't care for the hot weather, I've never wanted to live there. My daughter would love it, but my son would prefer to move north where it can be colder.