View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 08:29 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

michigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB Usermichigani HB User
Re: I'm not that big of a whimp ;-)

Nobody here is a whimp,

I respect and look up to all of you. We wouldn't be human if we didn't get scared, frustrated and angry once in a while.

P, I've said many times that you'll fear the scooter or chair until the day you get it. Then, on that day you'll realize the freedom and enjoyment of having it and no more fear of falling or keeping up with your hubby. And no more exhaustion. Don't dwell on the future. Enjoy your legs for now and let the future come at you how it may.

My situation was just like Kathy's. I was a weakling my whole lfe. Teased and ridiculed by my schoolmates. My adult life was easier. I must've met the right people. Still, my friends and coworkers must have silently wondered what was going on with me. The MD diagnosis finally explained it to them and made life emotionally easier, not harder on me.

I am so much more at peace than I was when I was wondering and trying to hide the weakness.

That's my two cents. You guys (gals, actually) are the greatest and you all help and inspire me.

Mark