View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
(female)

blackmoon HB User
need help with endometriosis

Hello,
Let me start out with some basic information. I'm 24 years old and started having problems with my period when I was around 19. It gradually got worse over time and I went through 4 doctors until I found one that diagnosed me with endometriosis. I had a lap done about 4 and a half months ago and found I had stage 3 out of 4 endo (plus found that I had an undiagnosed appendicitis from an earlier doctor who kept telling me to take more ibuprofen when I was doubled over in pain).
My doctor put me on loestrin 24 after the lap. Other then some pretty bad cramps for the first couple days of my period (nothing over the counter will even touch the pain for them, I have to take something like lortab) it has been okay. Now my period is back to trying to start early again, 2 weeks early this time, and the bleeding is starting to get heavy again. This was a big problem I had with extremely irregular periods and heavy bleeding. It has already begun to start again, plus I've been getting really bad headaches and am always in a bad mood. I've been through so many birth controls that have not helped or made everything worse. The ones I can think of that were the worst were depo provera, ortho tri cyclen and now the loestrin 24. Does anyone have any advice on a birth control that has helped them with endo? Should I ask my doctor to check my hormone levels? Could something like high testosterone or estrogen affect the way birth control works?
I feel like I keep running into a wall and am really stressed and frustrated over this. Any advice you can give me is deeply appreciated. Thank you so much.