View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 11:17 PM   #130
(female)

aussiegirl2 HB User
Re: Anyone with Chronic idiopathic nausea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkwia View Post
Pleased to hear that the nausea hasn't been too bad for the last few days. I think the only way to be tested for giardia is by a stool test but as the doctor says you just take anitbiotics for one or two days.
Do you think the Chinese doctor is helping? I am thinking of stopping my treatment with the Chinese doctor as it doesn't seem to be helping.
What is the latest with Dr Borody, are you going to see him again?
I am not doing too well, so frustrating to not get any real long term relief. It is so debilitating this illness isn't it?
Hope things get better for both of us.
Hi
I do think the chinese doctor is helping me. I couldnt have functioned a couple of months ago without lots of medication and now I can. (some days better than others) I felt a bit sick this morning but ok now. I find camomile tea is good when i feel sick as is ginger tablets and sodium phosphate and magnesium phosphate tablets ( I take them 3 times a day)
has your chinese doc got an explanation why you are sick? mine thinks its my liver.. i also think the regular acupuncture helps with nausea ( though it is expensive!)
i am sorry that you are not doing well....are u still on mirtazapine? maybe you could try amitryptline instead? given you dont suffer any side effects?
Im also taking a new anti reflux drug which i think is helping a little as well.
have u tried reflux meds? it can be silent... no other symptoms other than nausea.
i am going to stick with my doctors that i have at the moment.. im going to see another gastro for a review in the coming weeks.. so i dont think i will see dr borody at the moment. ( given i dont have an infection or parasite im not sure he can help me)
keep your chin up... and i hope u feel better