View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
(female)

c6309 HB User
Re: What were your celiac symptoms? Just had a positive blood test, now need endosco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabevrian View Post
Hi-
If you have celiac, what were your symptoms? How long did it take to get diagnosed? How old were you when you were diagnosed? My Dr let me know Friday that a blood test was positive for celiac and I have to have an endoscopy to confirm.

I have been having a lot of weird symptoms since Oct 09- mainly rib cage and left side pain. I also had enlarged axillary lymph nodes that have since gone down- not sure if that was celiac related. I just want to start feeling better- I have upper left ab pain almost everyday now.

Also- do autoimmune diseases run in your family? My Dad has MS and thyroid issues.

Thanks!
I was diagnosed a year ago. My main symptom that was finally linked to celiac was anemia. I have had I.V.'s for iron to replenish & I had good results after 1 allergic reaction. I also end up with stomach pain & diarreah (sorry if too much info , but I feel lucky that those are really my only problems. I just wanted to warn people who are chronically anemic to check for celaic.