View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Baptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB User
PSA Relapse Following Salvage Radiotherapy, can you help?

I am looking for information related to issues of PC diagnostic and treatment after Salvage Radiotherapy.
In accordance to a report by R. Choo M.D. from Mayo Clinic, researches have been few, uncompleted or null to identify the best practice to treat cases of patients experiencing a relapse after major treatments. In my case (ten years of survival), I had RP followed by SRT and now I expect to continue the “standard protocol” with ADT, however, the only indication of recurrence is a rise of the PSA (I have no prostate). My doctor told me that his cutoff (level) for starting the ADT is a PSA=1.0.

A resent MIR was negative for metastasis and I am asymptomatic, surely the rise in PSA (0.05 to 0.79) validates the presence of prostatic cells but not recurrence of the cancer. Never the less I am skeptical to accept the idea of treating a “number” rather than a symptom.

I would like to receive opinions and accounts of cases with similar conditions. Can anyone in this forum help me?

Appreciated for any available information,
Baptista