View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
(female)

Little Miss T HB User
Exclamation Asperges Syndrome. PLEASE. HELP.

Hi there,
My boyfriend (refered to as 'Y'), is 18 years old and has Asperges syndrome, although diagnosed as only having it mildly. By this I mean that Y is pleasant, talkative and passionate when explaining his common interests, which are varied due to his brilliant upbringing. People with this condition are, apparantly, reluctant to try new things but his healthy, happy childhood has allowed this rule to somewhat be abolished.

A by-stander would believe Y to be just like any normal teen, although shy. As his girlfriend, I can honestly say that he is just like any other in my eyes; he has a repetitive streak ("I love you" is said at least twice in one conversation) and is extremely attentive to what you say and can recite it perfectly, word for word (which can only have its benefits!), not to mention fantastic time-keeping. He is pretty much like any other person I know in that respect.

However. I have a question.
I am worried. Last night (this morning, rather), at 3:30, something happened to Y. I'll say exactly as he did: "I woke up and my head was hurting",
"I lost my memory for, say, 10 seconds", "I didnt know who I was or anything".

I asked where the pain in his head was, over his eyes, or as though an egg had been cracked over his head. He replied: "Yeah. My head felt as if it was bleeding, and my arms and legs were paralysed. I just sat up in bed as far as I can remember."

His symptoms:
- paralysis of limbs
- head very painful, woke him up from sleep
- complete memory loss
- extremely light headed and dizzy
- feeling faint

Petrified... but I wasn't going to tell him I was. Please note I was not beside him when his happened - he was alone. Personally, I believe this was down to dehydration (he hadn't drank much at all in the past two days, and although moisture emits from food, adding to water content, he hadn't had cooked meals so was lacking this, too) and sleep deprivation. We were up until gone 3 oclock in the morning, afteral. Also, I think I understand that your body is most fragile during that time of morning, as it is a time of rest. Would that be why he was more inclined to that happening?
------------------------------------------------------------------
But the crux of this is, please help me figure out what happened here.
Is this common? Was it down to lack of water, or sleep, or a mix of both? Have you experienced anything at all similiar with Asperges or Autism in children, teenagers, or adults, even? Was it a Black-Out? How can we prevent this from happening in future? I am also 18 years old.

Thank you for any possible response/s.