View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 08:01 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: skin redness that looks like a sunburn but isn't

Hi, all. I was told there are something like 15 lupus-specific rashes, give or take. Have you heard of "tumid lupus"? I think it favors the v-neck area. But I'm only a patient... Only a dermatologist or rheumatologist would be qualified to say! Good luck & best wishes to all, Vee

P.S. I had one of the lesser known rashes, and BOY OH BOY did that frustrate getting answers, because my local dermies clearly had never seen the one I had. Luckily, the metro-area drs. I tried next recognized it & ordered confirming tests PDQ (biopsy + immunfluorescent stain tests).

My rash was SCLE annular (targetlike) form. Didn't scar or depigment. But there's another form called SCLE psoriasiform, which resembles psoriasis (but isn't). With both types, anti-Ro is often found in bloodwork.

I think others here have discussed TUMID LUPUS. You could try searching the threads here to find past discussions.