View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
(male)

guitarspawn HB User
Pancreatic Cancer worry? Any advice.

I'm 35 years old. Have a history of alcohol abuse. I quit smoking when I was 24 and have battled with alcoholism since then also. I quit cold turkey about 2 months ago. Had a terrible first week off of alcohol.

Second week was better, I joined a gym and started going everyday, nothing excessive, just walking a treadmill for 30 min. Third week was better, still going to the gym, started doing light weights.

4th week, I had a lot of problems and relapsed at the beginning of the fifth week. Lost a friend in a car accident, my second daughter was born 2 months early and she was gonna have to stay in the hospital for 5 to 7 weeks. Started having panic attacks(have a history of them) and stupidly decided to drink. I actually didn't drink until the fifth week though.

Drank five days that week and then stopped again. Next day I was nauseous. I though it was from stopping drinking again. Second day I ate breakfast and vomited and became really nauseous. The nausea got worse the rest of the day and I ended up in the E.R.

They ran blood tests and told me my everything came back fine, including my liver, kidneys and pancreas enzymes. Prescribed mylanta and pepcid and gave me nausea medicine(gastritis). Nausea got better and was able to eat something an hour later.

Next day nausea got worse again. Then 2 days later better. I week later I ended up losing 13 pounds from not being able to eat. I've been able to start eating again as long as it's bland. Like steamed veggies or chicken broth, nothing fatty. Nausea is on and off but it can completely go away for hours at time. Seems like the nausea is worse in the morning and better at night lately. I have also had diarhea constantly since this started.

Also I have had a pain in my upper left abdomen for a few years. It would get bad when I would go on a bender and If I quit drinking for a few days would improve. Well that pain is now constantly there. It goes from pain to an uncomfortable feeling. I can't tell if it radiates to my back, because I have constant back pain from a previous back injury.

Sorry for the long post, just trying to get all the details in there. Thanks in advanced for taking the time to read this.

Last edited by guitarspawn; 09-01-2010 at 09:19 PM.