View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 05:14 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Worried Sick about HIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drezzy View Post
Hi,

I just got back from Vietnam where I had some drinks in a bar and made the mistake of having sex with a protitute. I wore a condom during the vaginal sex, but took it off afterward and she performed brief oral sex and masturbation on me to finish.

On my return home I came down with a nasty flu-like/cold-like illness with a fever, skin rash, nausea, malaise and mild cough with sputum production. It really knocked me out for about 8 days. I lost 10 lbs during this due to lack of appetite. My doctor hasn't pinpointed exactly what the illness is and the idea of HIV didn't occur to me until I started surfing the net and read some of the symptoms.

From what I understand Vietnam has an epidemic of HIV and I am literally sick with worry right now as it is too early to be tested.

What is the risk of having contracted HIV from this single episode? I could really use a rational look as I am unable to think clearly about it right now.

thanks for your advice!
Hi there,

Your risk was small. actually extremely small. HIV is not transmitted via oral sex nor is it transmitted by hand to genital contact. I have taken the liberty of bolding the most telling part of your post. Please, please stop doing this. Stop goggling "HIV symptoms", stop self examination, stop trying to self diagnose. It cannot be done.

There is only one way to determine your HIV status, a blood test, from what you have posted you have nothing to worry about.

Regards Kevin.