View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Nissen Fundoplication

I think the success of a Nissen Fundoplication varies by person, but that certain types of reflux symptoms seem to have higher success rates for resolution with the fundoplication than others.

I had a Nissen Fundoplication about 2 years ago. My symptoms revolved around a chronic cough and difficulties breathing. I had symptom relief from the moment I woke after surgery. Due to other issues, I've never gone off of the PPI's though.

I am happy with my experience overall. I still watch what I eat though. If you aren't careful, things can get "stuck" above the wrap.

I didn't add solid meat back into my diet until about 3 months after surgery though. Please be careful about not pushing your eating too fast. It takes about 8 weeks for the swelling in your stomach to completely subside.

The Following User Says Thank You to MountainReader For This Useful Post:
questiongirl22 (02-19-2012)