View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 12:46 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User
Re: I need mature advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendulum View Post
Maybe, but isn't that expecting too much from a 16-year-old boy?
Yes, it is, exactly. GenGen, it is too much to expect a 16 year old boy to commit to you the way you seem to want him to. You simply want more from him than he is ready, willing or able to give you. But now is the time in your life when you are learning your lessons in how you will conduct yourself in future relationships. You can either say "make-up-break-up-make-up-break-up, putting my heart through the ringer over and over again, one minute he's in, one minute he's out, well, he can't make up his mind, so I'll waste my time waiting for him to be ready" or you can say "he doesn't want the same things I want, we're not on the same page, and I've wasted enough time on this. Onward with my life, and onward to find someone who doesn't have to think so hard about whether or not he loves me." I think what you do now will go a long way to determining how you handle future relationships. It takes some women into their 30s and many miserable, failed relationships to figure out that a guy just isn't into you if he keeps breaking up with you. You might as well learn that lesson now. Aren't there other cute, fun boys you'd like to date? Maybe at another school that you might have met at a party or a ball game? Wouldn't you rather be free to date around and see what's out there rather than sit at home waiting by the phone, waiting for this one boy to decide whether he loves you today or not? Or worrying about whether he'll love you tomorrow?

I suggest you read a very good book, He's Just Not That Into You. It's a funny, light read, not meant to be taken TOO seriously, but it was written by a guy named Greg Behrendt and he gives a lot of good, honest insight into the male mind and how to deal with it. If I could work my will, it would be required reading for every teenage girl in the country.